Adams Memorial Building, Derry Public Library

Dublin Core

Identifier

24504DPL009

Title

Adams Memorial Building, Derry Public Library

Rights

No Known Copyright

Description

The Adams Memorial Building. This was the first location of the Derry Public Library. In 1905, the honorable R.W. Pillsbury donated $1,000 to the town. The town added $500 to furnish rooms in the Adams Memorial Building. The Reverend William Gaskin was appointed first librarian, but resigned 6 months after he began due to ill health. His daughter, Elsie Gaskin was appointed librarian and held the position for 34 years. Courtesy of the Derry Museum of History

Subject

Library; Adams Memorial Building; Librarian; Historic Building; Derry, New Hampshire

Coverage

Derry, New Hampshire

Date

1905

Type

StillImage

Language

eng

Provenance

Derry Public Library
64 East Broadway
Derry, NH 03038
https://derrypl.org

Citation

“Adams Memorial Building, Derry Public Library,” New Hampshire Public Libraries: A Digital Archive, accessed August 5, 2021, https://nhlibraries.omeka.net/items/show/105.

Geolocation